You can always manage to make good money out of horse betting, provided you know the game well. If you are a beginner, then the game can get quite confusing and if you do not have a proper game plan or strategy, you might end up losing rather than winning.
Playing the Game Right
Earning money is tough in betting, but losing is very easy. Ensure that you ask yourself the below questions before registering yourself in the betting arena:
- Do you have sufficient funds to place a bet?
- How much are you willing to spend?
- If you lose, would you be able to sustain yourself with balance funds?
You cannot randomly place a bet on a horse and wait for lady luck to bestow her blessings on you. A horse racing betdoes not work that way.
First and foremost, you need to study the game. In simple words, learn the tricks of the trade. Begin by placing small bets. When you are confident enough, you can go in for the bigger dough.
Familiarizing Yourself with Terms Used in Horse Betting
If you are a beginner, then while placing bets, you might come across many terms that might sound alien to your ears. Some of the common terms that you would come across would be:
- Handicappers – is a person who places weights on horses that are racing
- Handicap – is a race where horses run with weights placed on them
- Across the board- bets placed on one horse to either win, show or place
- Baby race – Race for two year old horses
- Chalk player – A person who wagers on favorites
- Exacta – A bet placed on two horses who might come in first and second in a race
- Win Bet – Bets placed on a horse that will win
- Show Bet – Bets placed on horses that will come first, second or third
- Place Bet – Bets placed on horses that will come first or second
Place Safe Bets
When it comes to placing a bet on horse racing, ensure that you know the risks. There is no hard and fast rule that if you place a bet, you need to win. Be prepared for losses too. After all it is just a game.
Have a well planned strategy while placing bets. Look for a good opportunity to place a bet. There are lots of horse races that will take place on a track. Choose the one that might improve your chances at winning.
Horse racing adopts different methods. Understand the pros and cons of each method and choose wisely. Horse racing bets cannot be learned in a day. It takes a lot of hard work and experience.
Last but not the least, ensure that you maintain a record of all the bets that you have won or lost. In this way, you are able to analyze your strengths and weaknesses and how you can work upon them.
Conclusion If you are looking at placing bets are horse racing then you might want to register with DRF Bets. New members get a sign up bonus along with free classic PP’s with every card that you wager.